Friday, September 19, 2008

What members say about CERT training

"I think the biggest reward of the CERT program is the assurance of the opportunity to be able to deal with disaster in a safe, effective and professional way. There is nothing worse than to feel helpless when your family, friends and community needs your help. The training also teaches you the limits of your capability, so your safety is not compromised. There is the potential in these classes to be as prepared as one decides to be. Everyone can take something home from these classes that could easily save lives in the event of even a minor disaster."

-Delbert W. Wittenauer, Monroe County commissioner


"I was surprised at the depth of the training. It really helps prepare a person to deal with all sorts of disasters, big or small. I now feel more confident that I can help my family, friends, or community in an emergency situation and would recommend it to anyone."

-Susy Schweigert, public relations representative, Harrisonville Telephone Co.


"With our busy lives and hectic schedules, it was heartwarming to see group of people come together for a common cause. Not often do you find interested citizens willing to give up part of two consecutive weekends to obtain training for something you need to prepare for, but hope you will never have to use."

-Susan Harbaugh, chief financial officer, Human Support Services

"The program has greatly heightened my knowledge of home preparedness and neighborhood/community assistance in the event of emergencies. The 20 hours of education and hands-on learning were very beneficial."

-Bob Hoffmann, retired banker

"I worked in medical field for over 25 years. I have attended many refresher and recertification courses during that time. I found the CERT program a great source of training for lay and professional persons too. I hope that I never have to use the training in our community, but I'm certainly glad that I have the knowledge and skills in case I do. I encourage everyone to take the course even if it is for their own families safety."

-Marilyn Huddleston, booking agent for Steve Davis, "Elvis"

"In talking with people who completed the training in the CERT program, they see a need for a volunteer program where people who are trained to help, know what to expect in a disaster and how to handle it."

-Don Dietz, former County Commissioner

No comments: